10 Fast Facts on Microgreens
- Microgreens are young greens that are harvested around 1-2 weeks, just after sprouting. There are over 80 different types of microgreens.
- Microgreens can be harvested from many vegetables you may already know, such as arugula, broccoli, celery, and radishes
- Microgreens contain 40x more nutrients than their fully grown counterparts.
- Most microgreens are a great source of vitamin A, C, E, and K.
- Microgreens lose their nutrients very quickly when cooked, try to eat them raw as much as possible.
- Microgreens are packed full of flavor, try incorporating them in small amounts at first.
- Microgreens add a pop of color to almost any dish, try using them as a garnish on pizza or even on top of soup.
- Store microgreens in the fridge and wash in cold water to avoid damaging them.
- Microgreens are an easy way to increase your nutrient intake, try adding them to salad, blending them into a smoothie or even using them in sandwiches or wraps like you would lettuce.
Vegetables are typically transported an average of 1500km before they get to your plate and by law, even if organic, they are sprayed with pesticides .
FDA has lots of studies that have shown that, once leafy greens have been cut and delivered, they’ve lost up to 50% of their nutrients 😳 and in some case there is hardly any nutritional value left.
Micro greens naturally contain way more value than their mature counterparts,and on top of that, we deliver the same day we harvest so you get the freshest bio product available.
How do subscriptions work?
Subscriptions orders will be planned for our upcoming Thursday harvests based on your delivery frequency and we will automatically deliver your selection(s) on Thursday or Friday.
How do I create a subscription order?
It’s easy! Just browse our items and select the “Subscribe & Save” option, then select the quantity and how often you want them delivered (every 1, 2 or 4 weeks). You can have items delivered more frequently than others if you like.
What if I want different items each time?
You can modify your own items by managing your subscription (see below) and swapping your items OR just select the “Surprise Me Mix” as one (or more) of your items and we will send you our choice of the week!
Is there a minimum order quantity or amount?
No! But keep in mind that delivery is calculated based on each order. Each delivery under $20 will be charged a $5 delivery fee. Delivery is free for orders over $20.
When will I be charged and when will I get my first order?
You will be charged for your first delivery when you place your subscription order, and then on every Monday before your next order. We will deliver your first order on the first Friday after you place your order if we have the items available. If not, you will receive your first order on the following Friday and we will cancel your next payment for you.
How can I modify or cancel my subscription orders?
It’s easy! Just login to your account, select “Manage Account” at the top of the page, and then “Manage Subscription”. You will then see your subscription details and have options to swap items, pause upcoming deliveries, or cancel your orders.
What if I have any problems or questions?
Not sure how to do something?
No problem! Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org